Saturday, June 30, 2012

Join Me.

I reviewed Join.me at https://join.me/ an online application that I find so useful when assisting clients with IT services like software configuration or other PC to hardware peripheral configuration. Most students in this class may not have any need for it as the use of this service make more sense for help desk type IT services. I had one responder who seemed to like it, but had no use for it.

I know that most of my colleagues at work use it. We find it easy to install and configure on the client side. Since, all the client needs to do is click once and read me a series of numbers then I can quickly connect to see their screen. And with the client’s permission, I can take control of their computer. I have learnt that there’s nothing more frustrating than having an irate client on one end, pressing all sorts of buttons, and a sympathetic IT person that cannot see what the client is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment