Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fast Pencil

 
I found http://www.fastpencil.com/ very useful for an aspiring author. It actually guides you in book writing and editing. And I guess for a few bucks, they can help you sell your book. It is very easy to use since it is designed just like an actual book. For example, you have a project area where you can brainstorm; then proceed to cover, table of contents and so on. You also have your chapters, and at the end you have your index. And as said I tried their editing feature and it works well.
I always thought of how frustrating it would be to use popular writing applications like word to write a book. Below is just a sample of what I wrote, however, I was not able reformat as original document due blog limitations.
From the hotel balcony, I can see the beautiful canopy proudly showing all of its vivid colors of summer. The brick red spruce stands out egregiously like generous spurts of oil paint on a white canvas, with a few green pines breaking out of this pictorial masterpiece. Small birds hover from tree to tree, singing with resonance and dancing occasionally as if to impress their mates. The warm breeze unfurls a soothing and pleasing floral aroma of wild roses. Soon all the red foliage will wither away, and the birds will fly away. Then the angry dark skies will coat this land white with snow. And winter will begin.

It is summer in Holyoke, Massachusetts and I am enjoying a panoramic view of the foliage. The red spruce seems to be dominant expect for a few green pines. I can also see small beautiful insects moving from tree to tree. There is a warm breeze that is circulating a nice smell of wild roses. Yes. It is not fall; it is summer - a harbinger for fall. Fall is brief and winter stays too long. But this is New England; therefore, I am going to enjoy my summer while it lasts.

1 comment:

  1. Great excerpt of your writing! I like your use of vivid details that really help me imagine what you're describing!

    ReplyDelete